When it comes to snacks, I love something easy, tasty, and healthy. Recently, I have loved making snack bars. I don't like eating snack bars from the grocery store very often so this is the perfect swap. Every time I make the bars, I do switch it up a little. My favorite so far is Cranberry flavored.
2 cups roasted unsalted cashews
1 cup cashew butter
2 tablespoons chia seeds
2 tablespoons coconut flakes
1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup dates, pitted
1 cup raw almonds
1. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a Vitamix, combine cashews, cashew butter, chia seeds, coconut flakes, vanilla bean powder, and cinnamon. When the mixture is creamy, it's ready. Spread the creamy cashew mixture evenly on the baking sheet.
3. Without cleaning the Vitamix, add all remaining ingredients. Don't make this mixture creamy, stop the Vitamix when this mixture is a rough, sticky texture.
4. Place the sticky mixture on top of the creamy cashew mixture. Us a large spoon to spread, and firmly press the mixture on top of the creamy cashew mixture.
5. Put your snack bars in the freezer for at least 5 hours or overnight. Cut into bars, separate the bars with parchment paper, and store in the freezer. The bars last for up to 2 months.
* I think it is so fun to change up the dried fruit. Like I mentioned before my favorite is Cranberry. I have made Blueberry and half Cranberry, Half Blueberry. You can use any dried fruit, so get creative.
I hope you love these bars like I do. I'd love to hear your feedback or if you make these! Happy Snacking!